Saturday, August 21, 2010

its my party....






























Gavin turned one last Saturday, and I am just now getting around to posting some pictures of the big event. Who knew that a child's birthday party was such a big deal?! (all of you moms out there knew this, and now I definitely know!)
Anyway, it has taken me a whole week to recooperate from it, so the pics and blog post are finally here!
For his first birthday, we did a puppy dog theme and it was so much fun! I got really into the theme and tried to make everything puppy-related; some of it came off better than others :)
Chad made Gav a doghouse out of cardboard, and he had a GREAT time playing in it in the days before the party. For the food, we had cake balls, marshmallow pops, sugar cookies ("Bones") rice krispie treats in the shape of paws, twizzlers ("chew toys", puppy chow, chocolate chip cheese ball and crackers, veggies and dip, pigs n the blankets ("mini dogs") chip and dip, and of course, Gavin's favorite-macaroni and cheese. Also, what's a birthday party without cake and ice cream?!
Cakes by Mom and Me in West Memphis did the cake and did a FABULOUS job. I had in mind EXACTLY what I wanted and they did a wonderful job making my ideas become a reality! Besides looking great, it tasted DE-lish! The top layer was white and the bottom tier was chocolate and strawberry...how awesome is that?!
All in all, it was a great day and we were so blessed that many of our friends and family came to share it with us. Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate Gavin's first year! We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he's a year old already! Hang on...it's gonna go really fast from here!

    Cute party! Great job! I love the theme!

    ReplyDelete