Saturday, July 24, 2010

11 Months Old!




Well it's been awhile! I vow once again to try to do better at blogging. I am currently obsessed with reading other blogs of families with babies about Gav's age, and it has really been making me wish that I would've recorded in detail as much as they did. But I didn't, so it's ok. We did record occasional things in the baby book and the grandma's did a pretty great job at photo shoots at every opportunity, so I guess I'm off the bad blogger hook for now. But I definitely would like to do better if for nothing else, to be able to look back and remember these sweet moments with Gav!
So here goes, my first official "month" post! (just a few months late :)

Gavin, what are you doing at 11 months?
Well, you weigh almost 23 pounds and are quite a little chunk! Your big "ham hocks" (aka) legs :) are ginormous! You have been walking for about 3 weeks now and are practically running through the house, yard, stores, anywhere we go. Things are about to get interesting I'm afraid!

On the subject of sleeping, you have finally had a breakthrough. Actually, it ccured at about 9 1/2 months, but we are just now getting to the point where we can say you "sleep through the night" without finding a piece of wood to knock on....It has been wonderful to sleep at night but I honestly feel exactly the same during the day as I did when I was waking up with you every two hours. It's funny how our bodies adjust, isn't it?

Eating-I weaned you at 10 1/2 months. I never dreamed that I would nurse you that long, but now that you're weaned, I miss our sweet time together. You now take 3-4 8 oz bottles every day. We are working on the sippy cup...
I made your baby food from about 4 months until you were 9 months. It was a great experience and I really enjoyed making healthy food for you! Now, you eat everything! Your favorite things are macaroni and cheese and spaghetti. This past week you have become obsessed with feeding Addison instead of eating your food. It's really cute, but we might have a problem if this continues!

Teeth-you finally got two teeth this month and we think a 3rd is soon to come. I was secretly pleased that they held out as long as they did, I just love toothless grins!

Diaper changes and putting on clothes is a disaster. You scream, flail ham hocks, kick me, flip, run away, etc, etc, etc. I am at a loss for what to do except bribing you with my Iphone. Luckily, I've gotten pretty good at quick changes and we are only
on our 2nd Iphone :)

You are still in the baby room at the daycare and LOVE your teachers and friends. It is so stinkin cute each morning because as soon as we pull up to the center you get soo excited and clap your hands. You are never sad when I leave either. It makes me sad that you will be moving up soon to a different class and new teachers, but I know you will do great.

I love how curious you are about everything and how everyday is a new adventure with you. You are growing so fast and we love you more and more each day, sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment