Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's a Boy!

Hi all!
I have had good intentions of posting for awhile with the ultrasound picture, but I ordered a new camera cord (connects camera to computer) and it STILL has not come in yet...so maybe in a few days we'll have pics! Yes, we found out last Tuesday that we are definitely having a stinky ole boy! HA! We are both very excited and now my husband will have a partner in crime!

Here is what we are trying to do to the nursery... I am very excited and think that it will look extremely cool once it's finished. Here is the link.

My task at hand right now that consumes my thoughts constantly is naming the baby. I have quite a few that I like, and I am in the process of narrowing them down. Chad has not really been alot of help, as his top names are: Atticus, Ezra, and Emilio....Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with any of those, they are just not my style...Needless to say, his style and my style are not matching up. Oh, what fun.

This weekend I got to spend a great weekend with my family and some good friends. My mom and aunt went to dinner and Wal-mart (oh the fun) on Friday night. We always have a good time when we go places. On saturday, I helped host a shower for one of my best friends, Ellen, whose little boy, Morgan is due in May. She got some really nice things and it was so good to get to visit with her and the others. Since she lives in Fayetteville, I dont get to see her as much as I would like, so it's always special when we do get to visit! On Sunday after church my nephew, Clayton, had his 5th birthday party and it was lots of fun. My sis-in-law made an awesome looking cake that could have easily passed for store bought (will post pics later!) so she is now nominated as the cake maker for the family birthdays :) All in all, it was such a great weekend and I even got a little teary eyed when we left my parent's house on Sunday afternoon...(probaby just pregnancy hormones kicking in, but I felt like I was a freshman in college leaving my mom and dad to go back to school....) We get to see them alot and I know we are fortunate to live so close, but sometimes there is still just "no place like home."

Check back as I hope my camera cord comes in the next day or so.....

3 comments:

  1. yay!! congrats. I LOVE the pics of the nursery idea. Look at this peek at a jungle room http://bibsandcribs.blogspot.com/2009/04/jungle-canvas.html

    i think it's really neat too!!
    Congrats and take care, Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you!!! Keep your blog updated, so I can keep up with ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emilio-- thats got a nice ring to it.. chad was just trying to name the baby after his soon favorite aunt! duh! =) anyway-- ther eis no place like home! =( i get sad too sometimes when im not with my parents! haha

    ReplyDelete